1. Soak barley/yiyi ren for 8 hours to break down gluten and make digestion easier. Discard soaked water. (See http://nourishingourchildren.org/Downloads_files/grains.pdf)
2. Cook soaked barley + kombu in water. Kombu adds mineral-rich nutrients and helps activate enzymes to neutralize enzyme inhibitors.
3. Saute in coconut oil: chopped scallions (Onions)+ minced garlic + chopped carrots + chopped celery (Greens) + sliced crimini Mushrooms.
4. Add cooked barley + water + chopped watercress (Greens) + cilantro (Greens) + apricot kernels/tian xingren (Seeds).
5. Top with goji/goujizi (Berries).
*GOMBBS is the acronym for Dr. Joel Fuhrman’s cancer prevention foods: Greens + Onions + Mushrooms + Beans + Berries + Seeds.